Basic Yoga Etiquette
At Bikram Yoga Plainfield we hope that all
of our students enjoy their time spent here. Following
these simple guidelines will help insure that everyone has a
good time and is respectful to the other students around them.
- Be on time. Front doors lock when class starts.
- First-time students please arrive 20 minutes before class
begins; this will allow us time to help you set up.
- Leave shoes in the designated shoe area.
- Turn off cell phones and pagers and leave them in the locker
- Refrain from chewing gum in the studio. We don’t
want anyone choking during deep breathing – that is a bit distracting.
- No perfume, cologne, or scented oils. Please wash
them off before class (same goes if you smoke).
- All students must use a mat.
- Refrain from talking in the yoga room. Many students
use the time before class to quietly meditate and center themselves
as they prepare for class.
- No talking during class. You are welcome to ask questions
before and after class.
- Do your best to stay in the yoga room once class begins. If
an emergency requires you to leave, please leave and re-enter between poses.
- Try to practice stillness between postures.
- Please respect 15 minutes of silence in the yoga room after
- Leave the room quietly.
Enjoy the peace and energy you're taking with you from class,
and make up your mind to come back tomorrow!