- Please arrive at least 20 minutes early. This will
allow us time to help you get set up and show you around. We
want you to feel welcome.
- Avoid eating 2-3 hours before class.
- Come hydrated – everyone should drink ½ their
body weight in ounces of water each day. (Example: if
you weigh 150 lbs., you should be drinking at least 75 ounces
of water every day.)
- Wear something cool and comfortable. You will sweat. Spandex
and moisture wicking clothes are recommended. Women – it
is best to wear a sports bra or a camisole top with a built-in
bra and bike shorts or capris. Men – running, swimming,
or bike shorts.
**Most importantly choose clothes that you feel comfortable
bending over in.
- You will need a mat, a bottle of water, and a large towel
similar to a beach towel. (These items are available for
sale/rent at the studio.)
- You will sweat during class. Bring something to change into after class. Showers are available in the men's and the women's changing areas.
You will feel challenged by the yoga
during class; everyone does. Always work to your edge, but listen
to your body. As a beginner, never be afraid to sit down if you
need to. It is normal to feel dizzy or lightheaded. It is temporary;
as your body acclimates and detoxifies, these sensations will
Give yourself time to relax after
class. Observe silence and rest on the floor for a few minutes
after class ends. During
these precious moments your heart rate will return to normal,
and your muscles will relax before you experience the temperature
change outside the yoga room.
Make up your mind to take 10 classes
as quickly as possible. Then no one has to tell you how good
this yoga is for you. Your own personal experience will guide